Scripture of the Week


From my Professor:

I just happened to come across this scripture in my daily devotional and liked it a lot, and thought I would share it with you this week.

“I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” -Psalm 18:1-2

I replied:

    Thank you for that passage! My wife and I have been listening to Psalms nearly every night since my mom passed (using Alexa, "Read the Bible, Psalms") and the night before my mother went to be with the Lord I read to her, Psalms 146 (I just opened the Bible to that page, letting God direct me to what to read that night:

    Praise the Lord.

    Praise the Lord, my soul.

    I will praise the Lord all my life;

        I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

    Do not put your trust in princes,

        in human beings, who cannot save.

    When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;

        on that very day, their plans come to nothing.

    Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,

        whose hope is in the Lord their God.

    Blessings to you and your family this Advent Season and the upcoming Christmastide.

    Scott<<<

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in mind while posting:
1) Please respond ON TOPIC to the article at hand.
2) Posts more than 4 weeks old are set to automatically save new comments for moderation - so your comment may not show up immediately if you're responding to an older post.
3) The "Spam Filter" is on - and randomly messages get caught in that filter. I have no control over which messages get caught in the spam filter and those that do must wait for me to mark them as "not spam." A message caught by the spam filter may show up for a moment, making you think it posted, and then disappear. Do not assume I have deleted your comment, it's probably just the spam filter and it will show up.

Feast of the Assumption

 The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - another example of "not-so-ordinary" days! These are COUNTING days - and...