The Dissertation Journey

 The dissertation process, which all my coursework up till now has been building toward, takes the next step, next week as I being the 900 level courses which are all about the dissertation. I have my committee in place (Chair, Content Expert, and Methodologist) so now we embark upon the finalization of the prospectus, proposal, research, and the writing of the report (the dissertation itself).

Image by Mario Zucca https://dribbble.com/shots/337654-Dissertation-Journey-Map/attachments/337654-Dissertation-Journey-Map?mode=media

I am completing my final 800 level course this week, which was a little out of order. I am in PSY-827, which should have preceded PSY-855 (where you get your committee assembled), and this was unknown to me (that it was misordered) until I was finished with 855. So, I had to take a break from my newly assembled committee and do one more course of "regular coursework" prior to jumping back into my dissertation courses. In the picture (above) by Mario Zucca, I have been on the Island of Isolation, of sorts, being disconnected from the committee, but again - that changes next week (July 8th, 2021, to be precise).

If all goes well, the process should be over by late December 2021 or perhaps by February 2022.

I will keep any interested readers posted as to how the process is going. Stay tuned!

AMDG,

Scott<<<


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in mind while posting:
1) Please respond ON TOPIC to the article at hand.
2) Posts more than 4 weeks old are set to automatically save new comments for moderation - so your comment may not show up immediately if you're responding to an older post.
3) The "Spam Filter" is on - and randomly messages get caught in that filter. I have no control over which messages get caught in the spam filter and those that do must wait for me to mark them as "not spam." A message caught by the spam filter may show up for a moment, making you think it posted, and then disappear. Do not assume I have deleted your comment, it's probably just the spam filter and it will show up.

Feast of the Assumption

 The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - another example of "not-so-ordinary" days! These are COUNTING days - and...