Scripture of the Week

 

From my professor:

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12:1-2

My first thought on this verse, especially with the stage I am at in this program, is to cast off things that distract me from the ultimate goal. Ultimately, this degree will be used for the glory of God regardless of where I end up when it is finished. 

The second thing which comes to mind is enduring the trials and the milestones before me. Take these on one at a time and persevere to the end. The same holds true for our salvation - persevering through the challenges in life and keeping focused on the joy which awaits those who endure.

Blessings, Professor, and to those who have been keeping up with me through this process.

In Christ,

Scott<<<


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep in mind while posting:
1) Please respond ON TOPIC to the article at hand.
2) Posts more than 4 weeks old are set to automatically save new comments for moderation - so your comment may not show up immediately if you're responding to an older post.
3) The "Spam Filter" is on - and randomly messages get caught in that filter. I have no control over which messages get caught in the spam filter and those that do must wait for me to mark them as "not spam." A message caught by the spam filter may show up for a moment, making you think it posted, and then disappear. Do not assume I have deleted your comment, it's probably just the spam filter and it will show up.

Feast of the Assumption

 The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - another example of "not-so-ordinary" days! These are COUNTING days - and...