What? No Feast of the Assumption?

Why is this feast day conspicuously MISSING from Protestant calendars? It is one of the OLDEST feast days in the Church and is celebrated in both Eastern and Western traditions. The ONLY Christian groups, by and large, which do NOT celebrate this feast are those which formed during or after the 16th century. Sort of indicative that a "new gospel" was preached to those who do not observe this feast day!

Feel free to add a comment here, or if you want a more interactive discussion, post it to the Locutus Discussion Board - or both!

In JMJ,
Scott<<<

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I'm a Protestant who happens to have a great deal of respect for the Mother of God, and I agree that it's shameful what the Protestant church has done to Mary. I spoke about this in a little more detail at my own blog,
    http://badgerangyl.livejournal.com/
    the title of the specific blog post is "The Crazy Cat Aunt Who is only Brought Out At Christmas, or Why Have the Protestants Shut Mary Away?"
    I find it very aggravating and repellent what the Protestant church has done. While I have to be honest, I'm not sure I believe in the Assumption, I do pray the rosary almost every day and I respect and honor her as the Theotokos, the Mother of God.
    Badger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Badger! I visited your blog too, and posted a comment. Please feel free to join us in Locutus too..

    The Locutus Web Board

    ReplyDelete

Keep in mind while posting:
1) Please respond ON TOPIC to the article at hand.
2) Posts more than 4 weeks old are set to automatically save new comments for moderation - so your comment may not show up immediately if you're responding to an older post.
3) The "Spam Filter" is on - and randomly messages get caught in that filter. I have no control over which messages get caught in the spam filter and those that do must wait for me to mark them as "not spam." A message caught by the spam filter may show up for a moment, making you think it posted, and then disappear. Do not assume I have deleted your comment, it's probably just the spam filter and it will show up.

Feast of the Assumption

 The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - another example of "not-so-ordinary" days! These are COUNTING days - and...