Farewell and Eternal Rest Maggie

Margaret O'Hearn
It is with equally deep sadness and joy that I inform the ACTS family that one of our valiant defenders of the Church Militant passed into eternity on February 15, 2016.  I will fondly remember her as a faithful supporter of the Catholic Church and the ACTS forums, where she co-moderated the ACTS and BattleACTS lists plus invaluable contributions to the Catholic Debate Forum.  Though we never met in person, I have known her online for over 20 years.  I do know that Maggie suffered through several physical challenges in the last several years - that suffering is over.  My sadness is purely selfish, I'm going to miss Maggie a lot; my joy is for her and her eternal reward.  Our loss is Heaven's gain.  My dear sister in Christ, eternal rest be granted to you and may your soul, with the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't interact with Maggie much on CDF, but I always admired her directness and her unwavering defense of the Church and the Faith she loved so much. Eternal rest grant to her, O Lord. May she rest in peace.

    Ferde

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never met Maggie in person either. She was always kind and gracious to me online. In apologetics, women especially need to stick together. I always felt she was brave in the face of all the suffering she went through in her illnesses. I admired her. I will pray that her soul is at peace with her Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in peace, Maggie. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete

Keep in mind while posting:
1) Please respond ON TOPIC to the article at hand.
2) Posts more than 4 weeks old are set to automatically save new comments for moderation - so your comment may not show up immediately if you're responding to an older post.
3) The "Spam Filter" is on - and randomly messages get caught in that filter. I have no control over which messages get caught in the spam filter and those that do must wait for me to mark them as "not spam." A message caught by the spam filter may show up for a moment, making you think it posted, and then disappear. Do not assume I have deleted your comment, it's probably just the spam filter and it will show up.

Feast of the Assumption

 The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - another example of "not-so-ordinary" days! These are COUNTING days - and...